BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

I have to return some videotapes

Its been at least six years since I've painted anything on canvas. I generally like to paint on heavy watercolor paper with acrylic washes (mostly because its cheaper and if I fuck up I'm just tossing out paper). For some reason there is a collection of small canvases in my closet, probably gifts or whatever, so i decided to go back to my roots(high-school) and give canvas another go around. It was more of a forced decision as I'm doing a project with Dave C that requires me to work on a large-ish canvas. He works on canvas almost exclusively and I'm down for the challenge. Long story long, i needed to do a warm up piece to reacquaint me with bumpy old canvas. What better subject than a small "Patrick Bateman" 5"x7" Acrylic on Canvas.

Check out that project with dave
here.

Heres a sketch of my entry in the Lulu bell Dia de Los Muertos group show. "El Diablo". I just transfered the sketch to an 18" x 24" canvas and I'm gonna start of old drippy here as soon as i can choose oils or acrylics. Im leaning towards oils.


0 comments: